Fall 2020 FAQs
Campus Recreation & Wellness Promotion
- All patrons are asked to self-screen before going into the facility. Do not come into the facility if you have any of the following symptoms or if you have been exposed to someone that has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Fever (over 100 degrees)
- New cough
- New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New chills
- New muscle aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
TCU’s guidance and protocols are subject to change based on local and state guidelines and recommendations from the CDC.
As we plan the reopening of our institution, the safety of our students and employees is of paramount importance. TCU determined that to minimize the amount of people on the TCU campus it is necessary to halt all memberships except TCU Students and TCU Employees. We understand this is not ideal news, and we hope you understand our perspective. We will be refunding all memberships based on the date of March 13, 2020, the date that the Rec was closed officially. We will be contacting all members about their refunds directly.
Employees can renew their membership by clicking the link on the membership page. You will be able to select the type of payroll deduction you want there.
- Disinfect any equipment before and after use, including exercise machines and free weights.
- Wash or disinfect hands upon entering the facility and after any interaction with employees, other customers, or items in the gym or exercise facility.
- Required to wear face coverings (over the nose and mouth) while using the facility unless covering poses a significant mental or physical health risk to the individual. A physical health risk may apply to people who are engaged in high intensity activities, like running, and may not be able to wear a cloth face covering if it causes difficulty breathing.
- Only the main entrance (by Sand Volleyball Courts) will be open to assist in facility occupancy counts.
- Yes, through online software https://mycampusrec.tcu.edu, all patrons will select a time to utilize the University Recreation Center. Time blocks will open 7 days in advance. The system will use 3 & 4-hour blocks of time to complete workouts. You may check-in at anytime during a time block. Upon arrival at the facility, you will be checked in before swiping into the facility. At the end of a time block, members will be required to leave in order to allow staff to prepare for the next group entering the facility. Then the facility will be closed for one hour in between blocks of time.
We thank you for your understanding.
- Members will log in to the Rec Center member portal prior to their visit to pick their reservation time.
- Yes, all facility and field rentals are being accepted (camps and conferences are canceled until January 2021).
Like all buildings on TCU’s campus, masks/face coverings will be required in The Rec. Exceptions are when using cardio intensive machines where it may pose a health risk. Upon getting off the machine, a mask/face covering will be required.
- Staff will thoroughly clean each piece of equipment at least two times per day. This cleaning schedule will be kept up to date by the staff to ensure each piece is being cleaned on a regular basis. Staff will also be on rotation every half hour, one employee upstairs and one moving throughout the weight room. This rotation will include scheduled cleaning as well as cleaning of any equipment that has been left sweaty or dirty. Additional sanitizer stations, both wipes, and spray bottles have been added throughout the facility.
- Cardio pieces will be blocked where necessary to create 6 feet of physical distance.
- Yes, limited to one-on-one play.
- Yes, however, there will be no pickup play. Individual play only with a limit of four people per half court.
- Yes, swimmers will be limited to one per lane. Two people will be allowed in the dive well at a time due to physical distancing efforts.
- Yes, limited to 25 bathers at a time and distancing lounge furniture to create a 6’ physical distance.
- Yes, the Climbing Wall will be open for specific hours listed on the website.
- Yes, locker rooms will be limited to 25 people with alternating shower availability to every other shower.
- Yes, the game room will be limited to 23 people.
- Yes, we will be limiting the number of patrons in the office at one time (if more than one person, they must be in the same household). A line will form outside of the office.
- Yes, sports that involve little to no contact will be organized for play.
- Yes, clubs that allow for physical distancing within their sport will be active.
- Yes, with limited class offerings and only classes that allow for 6 feet physical distance. Classes will be limited to not overlap, to allow for thorough cleaning in between classes, and to classrooms where appropriate space is available.
- Yes, training with appropriate physical distancing between trainer and client will be permitted.
- Yes, if the individual is level 3 or above so the instructor would be out of the water giving corrective feedback.
- For any additional questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As more information becomes available, we will update our website, social media, and the FAQs. TCU’s guidance and protocols are subject to change based on local and state guidelines and recommendations from the CDC.