Campus Recreation & Wellness Promotion
- All patrons are asked to self-screen before going into the facility. Do not come into the facility if you have any of the following symptoms or if you have been exposed to someone that has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Fever (over 100 degrees)
- New cough
- New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New chills
- New muscle aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
TCU’s guidance and protocols are subject to change based on local and state guidelines and recommendations from the CDC.
Update: May 10, 2021. We are now welcoming Faculty, Staff and Student Spouses and Dependents, Retirees, Special Memberships, and Eligible Guests. Effective June 1, 2021, we will be welcoming back all Alumni and Community Memberships.
- Disinfect any equipment before and after use, including exercise machines and free weights.
- Wash or disinfect hands upon entering the facility and after any interaction with employees, other customers, or items in the gym or exercise facility.
- Yes, all facility and field rentals are being accepted. See mycampusrec.tcu.edu to reserve.
Texas Christian University’s top priority is the health and safety of our Horned Frogs. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, TCU has continued to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Based upon their recent guidance for vaccinated individuals, low COVID-19 prevalence and strong vaccination rates in our community, we share the following updates for campus members.
- Face coverings and physical distancing are OPTIONAL for FULLY vaccinated individuals. The COVID-19 vaccine is widely available (including on the TCU campus, see below) and the CDC has stated that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear face coverings or practice social distancing for protection against COVID-19. If you have received the vaccine, please confirm your vaccination with TCU.
- TCU expects campus members who are NOT fully vaccinated to wear masks and maintain social distancing. If exposed to a COVID-19 positive individual, TCU will require unvaccinated campus members to quarantine per CDC guidance. Each member of the TCU community is responsible for their health and well-being and is expected to be considerate and respectful of others. TCU encourages everyone who is able to get the vaccine, which is effective in protecting against COVID-19.
- Protect the Purple: TCU continues to expect all campus members to wear face masks if required for specific circumstances, continue to practice good personal hygiene, regularly monitor their health and stay home when sick. Like other health care facilities, masks continue to be required in the Brown-Lupton Health Center.
- Staff will thoroughly clean each piece of equipment at least two times per day. This cleaning schedule will be kept up to date by the staff to ensure each piece is being cleaned on a regular basis. Staff will also be on rotation every half hour, one employee upstairs and one moving throughout the weight room. This rotation will include scheduled cleaning as well as cleaning of any equipment that has been left sweaty or dirty. Additional sanitizer stations, both wipes, and spray bottles have been added throughout the facility.
- Yes, reservations can be made at mycampusrec.tcu.edu to reserve.
- Yes, the Climbing Wall will be open for specific hours listed on the website.
- Yes, the game room will be available.
- Yes. Summer Classes begin June 1, 2021.
- Yes, beginning June 1st.
- For any additional questions, email us at email@example.com. As more information becomes available, we will update our website, social media, and the FAQs. TCU’s guidance and protocols are subject to change based on local and state guidelines and recommendations from the CDC.