Campus Recreation & Wellness Promotion
- All patrons are asked to self-screen before going into the facility. Do not come into the facility if you have any of the following symptoms or if you have been exposed to someone that has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Fever (over 100 degrees)
- New cough
- New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New chills
- New muscle aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
TCU’s guidance and protocols are subject to change based on local and state guidelines and recommendations from the CDC.
Update: May 10, 2021. We are now welcoming Faculty, Staff and Student Spouses and Dependents, Retirees, Special Memberships, and Eligible Guests. Effective June 1, 2021, we will be welcoming back all Alumni and Community Memberships.
- Disinfect any equipment before and after use, including exercise machines and free weights.
- Wash or disinfect hands upon entering the facility and after any interaction with employees, other customers, or items in the gym or exercise facility.
- Yes, all facility and field rentals are being accepted. See mycampusrec.tcu.edu to reserve.
As of Tuesday August 10, 2021, face masks will be required of all individuals using the University Recreation Center.
Due to the current Tarrant County Community Spread Level of “High Transmission,” TCU requires that face masks be worn in all indoor campus spaces to help protect the health and safety of our community. TCU will continue to monitor county transmission and confirmed vaccinations in our community.
Face masks covering the nose and mouth must be worn by all individuals (students, staff, faculty and visitors). Face coverings must be worn even if alone.
The full mask requirement statement can be found on our Protect the Purple website.
To accomplish safe facility operations, we’ll depend on your continued partnership, ask for your patience, and thrive with your support. We’ll learn, we’ll make adjustments, and we’ll continue to communicate. Thank you for joining us in this commitment to wellness.
- Staff will thoroughly clean each piece of equipment at least two times per day. This cleaning schedule will be kept up to date by the staff to ensure each piece is being cleaned on a regular basis. Staff will also be on rotation every half hour, one employee upstairs and one moving throughout the weight room. This rotation will include scheduled cleaning as well as cleaning of any equipment that has been left sweaty or dirty. Additional sanitizer stations, both wipes, and spray bottles have been added throughout the facility.
- Yes, reservations can be made at mycampusrec.tcu.edu to reserve.
- Yes, the Climbing Wall will be open for specific hours listed on the website.
- Yes, the game room will be available.
- Yes. Summer Classes begin June 1, 2021.
- Yes, beginning June 1st.
- For any additional questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As more information becomes available, we will update our website, social media, and the FAQs. TCU’s guidance and protocols are subject to change based on local and state guidelines and recommendations from the CDC.