Adventure Program Registration, Cancellation, and Trip Policies
- Registration can only be taken online at mycampusrec.tcu.edu or in person in the front office of the Rec Center (no phone or email).
- Registration is open to all current TCU students, faculty and staff.
- Unless a deposit is noted, full payment must be received to register for the trip.
- If a trip requires a deposit, the remaining balance after the initial deposit will be due by the first pre-trip meeting.
PRE-TRIP MEETINGS: Attendance at Pre-trip Meetings is MANDATORY in order to participate in a trip. These meetings answer important questions, address safety issues and set expectations for a trip. They are also crucial in helping form the group dynamic. Waivers and Health Statements must be completed and brought to the meeting.
- If a participant cancels their spot at least 7 days prior to the pre-trip meeting, they will receive a refund of all funds paid. If canceled 6 days or fewer from the pre-trip meeting, the participant will receive a trip voucher for the full amount (valid for one year from the original trip date). If canceled any time after the pre-trip meeting, the participant forfeits all fees paid and will not receive a voucher or a refund.
- For trips requiring a deposit: participants may cancel up until the day of the first pre-trip meeting and receive a refund (less the deposit amount). For example, if a trip costs $400, and the deposit amount is $100, the participant will be refunded $300.
- For trips with no pre-trip meetings: 24 hr notice is required to receive a refund.
- If a trip is canceled by the Outdoor Program prior to trip departure for any reason, participants may choose to receive either a full refund or a voucher for the full amount paid.
- I acknowledge that I am responsible for all TCU equipment and gear checked out to me for this trip. Should I lose or damage TCU property/gear I acknowledge that I am financially responsible to repair or replace any item.
- I acknowledge TCU’s policy allowing only legally cohabiting couples to share sleeping accommodations (e.g. tents)
- I understand that I may be financially responsible for my personal expenses should I require medical treatment or evacuation during the course of this trip.
- I understand that TCU Adventure trips are non-editable and that my participation is required from the beginning to the end. Alternate participant arrangements that require an edit to the original trip plan can only be accommodated in the most extreme of circumstances.
Please contact Mary Ellen Milam, Associate Director of Campus Recreation and Wellness Promotion at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.