All the gear you will need for your next camping trip including tents, sleeping bags, backpacks, canoes and kayaks. The Outdoor Center also serves as a resource for accessing information about amazing recreation opportunities right here in Texas. Come pick up a free Texas State Parks Guide or Trinity Trails Map, chat with our staff about trip planning and preparation, and get advice for your next outing. Equipment must be checked out and returned to the Outdoor Center during normal operating hours.
This semester, due to COVID 19 protocol, the rental period for equipment is a minimum of 3 days. Equipment must be picked up on Fridays only. There are no 24 hour rentals nor will equipment be available for pick up on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays. This is to allow for proper cleaning and sanitizing of equipment.
Please note: The last date this fall semester to rent any outdoor equipment is Friday, November 13th. All rental equipment MUST be returned no later than Wednesday, November 18th. Due to the length of winter break this year, and the need to inventory and repair equipment, there will be no equipment rentals from November 19, 2020 – January 18, 2021.
|Spring 2021 Hours|
|January 19 - May 7, 2021|
|Mondays||11:00am - 2:00pm and
3:00pm - 7:00pm
|Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays||3:00pm - 7:00pm|
|Fridays||11:00am - 2:00pm and
3:00pm - 7:00pm
|Saturdays - Sundays||11:00am - 2:00pm and
3:00pm - 5:00pm
|Spring Special Operating Hours|
|Tuesday, March 9 - Thursday, March 11 (Spring Refresh)||Regular Operating hours as listed above|
|Thursday, April 29 - Friday, May 7 (Finals week)||Regular Operating hours as listed above|
|LAND RENTAL||24 HOURS||BASIC|
|2 Burner Stove (Fuel Needed)||-||$6||$12|
|Cook Pot Set (3 Pots)||-||$3||$6|
|Lantern (Fuel Needed)||-||$4||$8|
|Pop-Up Canopy Tent||-||$15||$30|
|Crazy Creek Chair||-||$2||$4|
|WATER RENTAL||24 HOURS||BASIC|
|White Water Kayak*||$10||$20||$40|
|Stand Up Paddleboard||$15||$30||$60|
|Dry Bag M/L||$3||$6||$10|
|* White Water Kayak rented only to those that have completed our White Water Kayak Clinic.|
|Flag Football Kit||Scoreboards|
|Dodgeballs||Wiffle Ball Kit|
|Potatoes Sacks||Yard Line Markers|
|Soccer Balls||Baseball Set|
Please be aware that if you break, lose, or fail to return any rented equipment, there will be a fee assessed.
Equipment Rental Policies
Rental equipment may be reserved and rented by eligible participants following
Rental and Reservation Policies
- All equipment is available to current TCU students, faculty, and staff upon presentation of a current student or faculty/staff ID card.
- Reservations may be made in person up to 2 weeks in advance at the Campus Recreation Office. The full fee must be paid upon making a reservation. Equipment not reserved is available on a first-come, first-served basis during operating hours and must be paid for in full at the time of rental pick-up.
- Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to check out time or rental fees paid will not be refunded.
- No credit or refund will be issued for items rented but not used or for early return.
- The user assumes all risk and responsibility for any and all claims for damages and injury suffered while using the equipment.
- Please return equipment to the Outdoor Center during normal operating hours. Equipment returned to other areas in the University Recreation Center will not be accepted.
Late, Damage, & Replacement Fees
- Equipment returned late will be charged a $10 per day late fee.
- Individuals abusing equipment or not following procedures may be ineligible to rent equipment in the future.
- Equipment must be returned clean, dry and in good order or a fee will be assessed for the item. Any gear that is excessively dirty will be assessed a cleaning fee. Excessively wet gear will not be accepted until dried.
- Damaged or lost equipment will be assessed at current retail prices for repair or replacement.
- Tents are flammable! No candles, lanterns, heaters, or any other heat sources should be brought inside tents or near sleeping bags. Do not smoke inside tents. Keep tents away from campfires.