All the gear you will need for your next camping trip including tents, sleeping bags, backpacks, canoes and kayaks. The Outdoor Center also serves as a resources for accessing information about amazing recreation opportunities right here in Texas. Come pick up a free Texas State Parks Guide or Trinity Trails Map, chat with our staff about trip planning and preparation, and get advice for your next outing. Equipment must be checked out and returned to the Outdoor Center during normal operating hours.
This semester, due to COVID 19 protocol, the rental period for equipment is a minimum of 3 days. Equipment must be picked up on Fridays only. There are no 24 hour rentals nor will equipment be available for pick up on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays. This is to allow for proper cleaning and sanitizing of equipment.
Please note: The last date this fall semester to rent any outdoor equipment is Friday, November 13th. All rental equipment MUST be returned no later than Wednesday, November 18th. Due to the length of winter break this year, and the need to inventory and repair equipment, there will be no equipment rentals from November 19, 2020 – January 18, 2021.
|Fall 2020 Hours|
|August 10 - November 17, 2020|
|Mondays||11:00am - 2:00pm and
3:00pm - 7:00pm
|Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays||3:00pm - 7:00pm|
|Fridays||11:00am - 2:00pm and
3:00pm - 7:00pm
|Saturdays - Sundays||11:00am - 2:00pm and
3:00pm - 5:00pm
|Fall Special Operating Hours|
|Wednesday, November 18th - Sunday, November 22nd (Finals week)||Regular Operating hours as listed above|
|Monday, November 23 - Sunday, November 29||Outdoor Center closed for Thanksgiving holiday.
Please note that the Recreation Center will be open for use on these dates. Check the main facility page for hours.
|Winter academic break |
Monday, November 30 - Thursday, December 17
|Mondays - Fridays||3:00pm - 7:00pm|
|Saturdays- Sundays||10:00am - 2:00pm|
|Friday, December 18||Closed. The Outdoor Center and Climbing Wall will be closed for Winter Break until Monday, January 4, 2021.|
|Please note:||Due to the length of the winter break period and the need to inventory and repair eqiupment, we will not be renting out any outdoor equipment during winter break. Please see the Rental Equipment page for a full list of rental policies.|
|LAND RENTAL||24 HOURS||BASIC|
|2 Burner Stove (Fuel Needed)||-||$6||$12|
|Cook Pot Set (3 Pots)||-||$3||$6|
|Lantern (Fuel Needed)||-||$4||$8|
|Pop-Up Canopy Tent||-||$15||$30|
|Crazy Creek Chair||-||$2||$4|
|WATER RENTAL||24 HOURS||BASIC|
|White Water Kayak*||$10||$20||$40|
|Stand Up Paddleboard||$15||$30||$60|
|Dry Bag M/L||$3||$6||$10|
|* White Water Kayak rented only to those that have completed our White Water Kayak Clinic.|
|Flag Football Kit||Scoreboards|
|Dodgeballs||Wiffle Ball Kit|
|Potatoes Sacks||Yard Line Markers|
|Soccer Balls||Baseball Set|
Please be aware that if you break, lose, or fail to return any rented equipment, there will be a fee assessed.
Equipment Rental Policies
Rental equipment may be reserved and rented by eligible participants following
Rental and Reservation Policies
- All equipment is available to current TCU students, faculty, and staff upon presentation of a current student or faculty/staff ID card.
- Reservations may be made in person up to 2 weeks in advance at the Campus Recreation Office. The full fee must be paid upon making a reservation. Equipment not reserved is available on a first-come, first-served basis during operating hours and must be paid for in full at the time of rental pick-up.
- Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to check out time or rental fees paid will not be refunded.
- No credit or refund will be issued for items rented but not used or for early return.
- The user assumes all risk and responsibility for any and all claims for damages and injury suffered while using the equipment.
- Please return equipment to the Outdoor Center during normal operating hours. Equipment returned to other areas in the University Recreation Center will not be accepted.
Late, Damage, & Replacement Fees
- Equipment returned late will be charged a $10 per day late fee.
- Individuals abusing equipment or not following procedures may be ineligible to rent equipment in the future.
- Equipment must be returned clean, dry and in good order or a fee will be assessed for the item. Any gear that is excessively dirty will be assessed a cleaning fee. Excessively wet gear will not be accepted until dried.
- Damaged or lost equipment will be assessed at current retail prices for repair or replacement.
- Tents are flammable! No candles, lanterns, heaters, or any other heat sources should be brought inside tents or near sleeping bags. Do not smoke inside tents. Keep tents away from campfires.