Frogs For Wellness
What is Frogs For Wellness?
Frogs For Wellness is an organization for students committed to educating the TCU Community about holistic wellness topics such as stress management, improved sleep, fitness, nutrition, safe drinking, and healthy relationships. As peer educators, Frogs For Wellness members promote awareness, provide educational outreach, and serve as accessible resources for fellow students.
What are the benefits of being involved in Frogs For Wellness?
Participating in a University leadership role affords students an opportunity to gain distinctive educational and developmental benefits. As a Frogs For Wellness peer educator, you will:
- Organize and develop education-based programs and activities designed to provide accurate information for fellow college students.
- Create and market campus-wide campaigns and prevention events.
- Provide support in the implementation of wellness campaigns promoted by The Wellness Center.
- Gain skills in communication, organization, time management, program development, outreach, evaluation techniques, the use of audiovisual equipment, and presentation/teaching methods. Such skills and experiences will aid you in connecting academic ideas to real-world situations, career preparation, and leadership development.
What kind of commitment is expected?
Students involved in Frogs For Wellness are expected to:
- Attend weekly staff meetings and training events each semester.
- Give approximately 5 hours per week, working around class schedules and including weekly meetings.
- Support and uphold the BACCHUS Network Peer Educator Code of Ethics.
How do I APPLY to be a Frogs For Wellness peer educator?
You must be a current TCU student in order to apply to be a Frogs For Wellness peer educator.
Frogs For Wellness is affiliated with The BACCHUS Network, a university and community based network focusing on comprehensive health and safety initiatives.
Learn more about peer education as a best practice as an alcohol and drug prevention strategy.