Group Fitness Classes
Who can participate in group fitness classes?
Any current TCU student or Rec Center member can participate in group fitness classes. Each class is led by a certified group fitness instructor.
This program offers enough options and is well suited for participants who want to make group fitness classes their main source of physical activity. However, a class pass is also a convenient and affordable option for those members who prefer to use group classes as a complement to their main fitness activities.
All levels of experience are welcome, and our instructors can modify exercises to scale back or ramp up the difficulty based on your needs.
**Face coverings and physical distancing are OPTIONAL for FULLY vaccinated individuals.**
How do I sign up?
A group fitness pass (additional membership) is required to attend most classes. You can purchase a pass in the Campus Rec Office, at the Member Services Desk, or through the online portal.
Semester Pass = $90 – Good for unlimited classes during the semester of purchase
Month Pass = $40 – Good for unlimited classes for a calendar month after purchase (expires on the same date of the next month; e.g. August 20th – September 19th)
Day Pass = $10 – Good for unlimited classes during the day of purchase (expires at midnight)
What are the class formats offered?
Our class schedule offers all of the most popular formats – yoga, cycle, HIIT, circuits, and more. Classes range from 30-50 minutes in length, and all necessary equipment is provided (personal yoga mats, cycling cleats, etc. can be used during classes).
For a look at the schedule and descriptions of each class, visit Group Fitness Program Schedule.
When do classes take place?
Group Fitness classes are offered during the dates that academic classes are in session, and the daily schedule focuses on the times that are most convenient for TCU students and faculty/staff members. Classes will be canceled on university holidays.
Spring 2022 Group Fitness Classes will run from January 10th through May 6th.
No classes will be held on the following University Holidays:
1/17 – MLK Jr. Day
3/7-3/11 – Spring Break
4/15-4/16 – Good Friday/Easter Weekend
Where are classes held?
Most classes are held in one of our 3 multi-purpose rooms located in the main lobby of the Rec Center (MP1) or downstairs in the basement level of the building (MP2 and Cycle Studio). Some classes will behelp outdoors at various locations on campus, and the location will be indicated when you register for a spot in the class. If the weather does not permit an outdoor class a notification will be sent to those participants who are registered.
Registering for a class ahead of time will help to speed up the check-in process!
- Visit mycampusrec.tcu.edu and sign into the MyCampusRec portal
- Browse the “Group Fitness” icon to see the classes we offer
- Click “Register” and purchase the class for $0.00
- Participants will not be able to register unless they have purchased a Group Fitness Pass
- Classes will be free (no pass required, but check-in encouraged) during the first week
- Registration will open 2 Days before the class start time
- Participants should register before attending each class to make check-in quick and easy.
- Pre-registration for a class must be completed 5 minutes prior to class start time.
- Instructors will check-in participants at the door when they arrive (at least 5 minutes before start time)
- Participants can cancel their registration up to 15 minutes before the class starts
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before class start time to check in and prepare for your class. Participants on the standby list will be allowed to enter 5 minutes prior to the start time, and they may take the place of registered participants who have not checked in yet.
- Entry will not be permitted once a class has started.
- To CANCEL a class registration
- Log into your Campus Rec portal (mycampusrec.tcu.edu)
- Click your username/picture in the top right corner, then select “Profile” from the drop-down menu
- On the “View Account” page, select “Programs” from the menu on the left
- You should now be able to see a list of program registrations, along with the option to cancel registration for any upcoming classes